Tuesday, June 17, 2008

SO...I'M KINDA HOOKED ON WEEDS


Ok so over the last year or so I’ve developed a borderline unhealthy obsession with the Showtime Original Series Weeds (Mondays 10 PM). Part of it is the all-star cast and their incredible rapport, part of it is the witty script and sharp dialogue, part of it the cutting-edge plot-lines, but mostly it's because Mary Louise Parker is a stone-cold, smoking fox and i can't get enough (but that's another blog, another time).

In case you haven't seen the show, it revolves around a suburban, recently widowed, mother of two (Parker), who starts dealing marijuana to maintain her lifesytle and provide for her children after the death of her husband. It has an amazing cast featuring the likes of Elizabeth Perkins, Romany Malco, Tonye Patano, Justin Kirk, and Kevin Nealon. There have also been many great guest stars on the show such as Brooke Smith, Snoop Dogg, Guillermo Diaz, Carrie Fischer, Indigo, Martin Donovan, Jeffery Dean Morgan, Lexington Steele, Page Kennedy, and Mary-Kate Olsen. Basically, the show rocks! Get out and see it if you haven't already.

Anyways, I've been watching the show maniacally since after Season 1, when I was lucky enough to stumble across a free promotional DVD at Best Buy. I don't have Showtime (because let's be honest, what else do they have to offer?? oh yeah...i'm also cheap) so I basically just wait around like a fool until the previously finished season comes out on DVD to purchase. This leads to many instances where I run out on friendly "Weeds" conversations amongst chums and colleagues screaming like a crazed lunatic as to not hear what happens next since I haven't had a chance to see it yet. This drives me absolutely insane. I'm sure this is a very common complaint for many people with their favorite premium channel shows. Sure I could just search around Google for a minute and two and find an illegal download of the show and watch it the day after it airs, but that wouldn't be very patriotic of me. And there's no way I would want any of the wacky jingos and flag-wavers around the country these days to think that I'm unpatriotic.

So I bid you fellow Americans: Don't allow this great injustice to continue without a fight. I bid you to rise up. Rise up against the tyranny and oppression that is the Showtime's of the world, the HBO's of the world, and the Starz' of the world. Rise up against their stranglehold on your viewing pleasures. *Let us rise up tonight with a greater readiness. Let us stand with a greater determination. And let us move on in these powerful days, these days of challenge, to make America what it ought to be. We have the opportunity to make America a better nation.* A better nation with free Weeds.

*Ok so I stole a little bit of that from the great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. but I think you get the point.



GIVE ME SOME FREE T.V.



-TheSkinTrain

No comments: